Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fall Rewind


Back in August I set some goals for fall. Since the Christmas season starts this Friday, let's look back and see how I did!
---
My List:


1.enjoy apples
















I didn’t get to go apple picking, but I certainly have eaten plenty of apples this fall. I also made some delicious caramel apple cider and a simple apple center piece.

2. try new recipes


















Fall definitely makes me want to cook! I made some yummy pumpkin barsroast potatoes, and baked tilapia.

3. go camping



















So the whole camping thing was a fail. I blame this on crazy schedules and many, many rainy weekends in a row. We did manage to meet up with college friends in Williamsburg and visit Maymont.

4. go to the Homegoods grand opening















Brad and I and half of Richmond showed up for the grand opening. We had fun exploring the new store and even came home with a few deals. I can’t wait to see the day after Christmas sales at this store!

5. Create new fall décor















This one went pretty well! I made:
- two different sets of bird art in twig frames because I am ADD creative.
- some fun fish bowl vignettes which also featured birds because I am obsessive in tune to décor trends.
- a campy/retro Halloween banner
- a fun pine cone wreath (stay tuned for a winter update to this wreath later in the week!)
- and my favorite fall project by far turned out to be the faux mercury glass pumpkins

6. celebrate sweater weather by wearing sweaters



















Let’s see ... how many of my Fresh Fashion Friday posts have involved sweaters?
One
Two
Three
Four

7. read new YA books
I’ve only read through a few of our new books, so I have some catching up to do over winter break. It seems I’ve been reading more blog than books lately. However, I did read through an entire book on Friday! If you like thrillers, family dramas, and smart teens, check out If the Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney.

8. See Where the Wild Things Are
Brad and I went to see this opening weekend. I love it! I posted my full review here.
---
Well, fall turned out to be wonderful here at the roost! Here's hoping for a Christmas season full of just as much fun, creativity, and love! What are your favorite moments from this fall? If you blogged about any of them, please share the link with me :-) I love to see what y'all are up to!

<3
Hattie

No comments: