I'm sure by now y'all have discovered that I have a thing for bird decor. I can't explain why, but I just love their simple shapes, the muted, natural colors, and the whole nesting idea. When Gina announced she was having a Feathered Friends Party, I knew I had to join in!
Since you can easily do this project yourself to add a little bird decor to your own nest, I'm also linking up to Kimba's DIY Day. Be sure to check out all the awesome ideas over there - I always come away with a new project I want to try!
I've already shown you how I made my little birdie gift tags, and my wise owl card art, so I wanted to do something a little different this time around. I love the whole idea of nests, particularly nests made of twigs, so I took that idea and ran with it.
If you want to make this sweet birdie framed print, go round up the following:
1. Cute, vintage bird art. I chose two adorable selections from The Graphics Fairy.
2. A frame or two. you want one with a fairly flat edge.
3. Fabric or scrapbook paper for a background (I used fabric)
4. Twigs. If you don't have a yard, your friends and family would be more than happy for you to volunteer to pick up twigs out of their yards.
5. Paint for the frame. I mixed french blue and black until I had a blue grey I liked.
6. Hot glue
All ya have to do is paint the frame, wait semi-impatiently for it to dry, and glue on the twigs. Then, create your background, glue on your bird art, and put it in the frame. Super simple, and oh so cute!
A little side action so you can see that I really did paint the frame. Cheap-o Dollar Store and Ikea frames are perfect for this project.
Go. Run. Check out all the other super sweet bird projects over at The Shabby Chic Cottage!