I had a super fun time thrifting with my parents yesterday! I found several things I've been looking for for awhile and some other fun items as well. I thought y'all might want to see my junk haul. Thanks to Julia's thoughtful suggestion, I'm linking this post to Rhoda's Today's Thrifty Treasures link party. Be sure to head over there to check out all the awesome finds!
Our first stop was Goodwill. For $3.54 I picked up:
1. A great dovetailed tray that I plan to paint
2. A frosted globe to cover our hallway light that has been naked since we moved in.
3. Small glass bowl that matches a large bowl I already have.
4. Vintage snowman ornament
5. Two red mini clothes pins ( I didn't really need these but they were tiny and red)
6. A few yellow wooden stars with numbers on them.
From the clothing area I found these goodies for $1.39
1. Plaid toddler shirt to cut up
2. Ann Taylor Loft flowered skirt (much too big for me, but I have plans for it!)
3. Birds of the states dishtowel. I have a few project ideas in mind for this.
4. Men's XL patterned shirt to cut up.
I didn't find anything at our next two stops, but I hit pay dirt at The Good Samaritan Thrift.
I've been looking for several months for the perfect vintage suitcase at the perfect price. At $4.99 this leather number fits the bill! I'm so excited about where I plan to use this in the roost. I'll post pictures as soon as it's all put together.
Did anybody else find anything exciting this weekend?