Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Candy for You

Happy Valentine's Day to you, my lovely readers! If I knew you in real life, I'd give you all flowers and candy. Since that isn't possible, I thought I'd share some eye candy with you instead. Here are a few things for home that I'm loving right now:

1. flowers

When beautiful buckets of tulips begin appearing in Trader Joe's, I know spring isn't too far off. For me, tulips are the flowers that announce winter won't last forever!

2. six-over-one windows

These are one of my favorite craftsman details. We definitely plan to install some of these beauties in the dream house.

3. Dash and Albert rugs

I don't know why I'm loving striped rugs so much, but something about them really appeals to me. I feel like this room is so warm and sunny, and I think the rug has a lot to do with it.

4. apronfront sinks

Ah, sink bliss! Not much else to say other than this is my idea of the perfect sink.

5. real art

I just discovered the RozArt Etsy shop, and I  love her cheerful paintings. The cows are especially friendly!

6. decorating with books

The librarian and the decor addict in me are both pleased with piles of lovely books. To add a little humor to Valentine's Day - guess how much Pottery Barn is charging for a stack of four old books with the covers removed? $39.00 Yes, you read that correctly. It would seem that there are people in this world who have not discovered that you can buy old books at Goodwill for a buck or less. Oh, silly Pottery Barn!

What things for home are you loving right now? We all love some good decor eye candy!

Happy heart day!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Ray said...

Hattie,
Those marketers at Pottery Barn are not going to like you very much. :) Shhh!
Thanks for the eye candy...such bright and beautiful images this morning. Happy V's Day.