Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Colorful Blessings - Orange

It’s week two of the Colorful Blessings blog party! This week we’re celebrating our orange blessings.
---
First up, I’m thankful for clementines.
















I love everything about this pint sized fruit. I love that as far as I know this is the only fruit with a person’s names (as opposed to Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter Apple, the only person I’ve heard of with a fruit’s name). I love that clementines arrive in stores just in time for Christmas. I love that they are a sweet, guilt free snack in a season dripping with fudge and candy sprinkles. And I love, love the way they smell!
---
I’m thankful for my cheerful retro curtains.























My mom made me this punchy valance from a vintage feedsack. The orange and aqua pattern works perfectly in our cheerful office/craft room.
---
Finally, I’m thankful for Anne Shirley.


















I used to dream of being best friends with Anne of Green Gables. I tore through every book written by L. M. Montgomery and read most books several times over. I’m pretty sure these stories are the reason I majored in creative writing and still hope to pen a children’s book one day.
---
It’s your turn! I can’t wait to see what orange blessing you have in your own homes. Please add the link your own orange blessings blog post and be sure to include a link to this post in your own, so more people can join in the fun!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Christen said...

I loved Anne (with an "e") from Green Gables too!! :) That was one of my favorite books growing up!