Monday, December 21, 2009

The crafty best of '09










With Christmas right around the corner and my trusty camera locked away (long story that involves snow, a car stuck ¼ of a mile from our house, and using sleds to transport only essential items – groceries not cameras – from the car to the house) I didn’t have the chance to make or photograph anything for DIY Day. Luckily, a little trip through the roost archives turned up five easy projects from the first few months of this blog. All of these are easy and would make great last minute gifts, if like me, you are far from finished with your Christmas shopping!




















Five minute pop art – Do you know someone obsessed with a product? Save the wrapping and create some Andy Warhol fun on the cheap.






















Fun with clip art – the magic of grouping/ungrouping in Word helped me create tea party invitations that perfectly matched the plates (because I am that kid) but this idea could be used to make custom stationary or even t-shirts.























Tiered catch-all – This project is 100% free and super customizable to whatever supplies you have on hand. It would make a great gift for anyone in need of a little organization.


















Framed scrapbook owl – I made way too many bird related projects this year, but this cute little owl is pretty high on my favorites list. You could use this pattern for appliqué, gift tags, or frame an owl of your own.
















Bookish tray – I still smile every time I pass this tray on my way out the door. It was super easy to make, but it just looks so handsome! A great gift for any décor enthusiast on your list. Am I correct in thinking that we would all be delighted to own another tray, even if we already have a ton?
---
I hope these little projects spark your creative spirit, and maybe even give you just the idea you needed for the last person on your gift list!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love all these cute projects. I love the way that little owl turned out. So cute!