Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Colorful Blessings: Purple

Two things before I kick off the last Colorful Blessings party: 1. I’m so sorry this post is late! When I got home from Christmas shopping last night, Brad was hunched over the laptop, frantically clicking and typing. It seems our internet quit for no reason. He finally managed to fix the problem, but I was fast asleep by that point. 2. I admit that I purposefully started this party with red, because I had no idea what I would post for purple.
















All week I looked around the house for purple blessings, but other than my can of Aussie Mousse, I came up empty handed. While I’m thankful for anything that tames hair frizzies, it seemed like a lame way to end a series of posts that has been so meaningful to me. I googled purple to see if any creative inspiration would come my way, and I found this great description from about.com “Purple is royalty. A mysterious color, purple is associated with both nobility and spirituality.” Ah-ha! After reading this I realized that our home is full of purple, but it is invisible.

Jesus is the king of our hearts and our home, and his spirit is the only way we experience love and peace and joy in our little roost.

2009 has not been the easiest year for our family. I lost an uncle and a granddad and Brad lost a cousin. We have experienced anxiety at work with slashed budgets, less resources, and more duties. Within three months all of our new couple friends moved away due to jobs. It has been an unsettling year for us, but we have had things easy compared to so many people we know. 2010 is a great unknown. Brad and I have no idea what it will bring for our jobs, our home, or our family. But we do know that for us it brings hope. Our hope comes from the knowledge that the King of Kings is in control of our lives, has a plan for our futures, and loves us more than we can grasp. So in this Christmas season, I am thankful for purple. Thankful that a baby born in poverty was and is the greatest king this world will ever know.

<3
Hattie

p.s. This year I am also thankful for blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.

If you’d like to join in with your own purple blessings, add the link to your post, making sure that your post links back to this one.

No comments: