Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Colorful Blessings: Yellow

Hey y’all! This week the Colorful Blessings Blog Party is about celebrating and being thankful for our yellow blessings.























I love that all the trim and doors in the roost are painted a cheerful shade of yellow. When it gets dark so early, it’s nice to have something a little sunny in the house. My dad built the doors, and they always make me think of him.




















So much to be thankful for in this picture! 1. I’m thankful that we have a Trader Joe’s in Richmond. Brad and I used to take a cooler with us every time we went to the beach or to Nova so we could stock up, but now we can buy almost all of our groceries there. 2. I’m thankful for how deliciously lemony and chocolaty these cookies are. They are perfect with a cup of tea. 3. I’m thankful that a serving size is 5 whole lovely cookies!


















I cut this lobster print out of an old calendar, so it made for some very cheap art. It always makes me think of Brad because lobster is his favorite food and we do the whole, “you’re my lobster” thing from Friends. Plus, it does a great job of tying my red kitchen accessories in with the yellow trim.
---
Now it’s your turn, I can’t wait to see all the lovely yellow blessings in your homes! To join the party, just copy/paste a link to your yellow post into good old Mr. McLinky. Be sure to include a link to this post in your own post so your readers can join in the fun.

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love your yellow doors too (especially with that pretty black door handle)! And lemon chocolate cookies?? Ooh la la!