Friday, August 19, 2011

Two Sisters Fashion Friday: Floral

Confession: although I really dig the floral fashion trend, I don't actually own anything with the new, smaller floral print. So, I had to borrow the floral portion of my outfit from Hannah's closet. I'm sort of glad it happened that way, because one of the reasons we started this series is to show how trends can be worn at different ages.



Here's how Hannah wears the floral trend:


She's rocking a bright, all over floral with a modern vintage vibe.


I particularly like the neckline on this dress and the vibrant color.


Hannah is wearing
floral dress - Macy's
Hear locket - family piece
Whistle necklace - Mod Cloth
Brown heels - Marshall's
------------------------------------
Here's how I wear the floral trend:


The dress Hannah loaned me has spaghetti straps, so I knew I needed to add more fabric on top to compensate for the short length. I think the sweater and belt add a little maturity while still keeping the look fun. I don't think I could wear anything this short in public, so I would probably make this a fall outfit by adding skinny jeans or leggings and boots.


I'm wearing:
Floral dress - Mod Cloth
Brown sweater and belt - h&m
yellow flats - Target
----------------------------------
Out takes!




Why yes, I am, in fact, short.

How do you wear floral?

<3
Hattie


No comments: