Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dream house: week one

I decided it would be fun to do a weekly recap of our construction process - sort of a virtual scrapbook for Brad and I to look back on when the house is done. I have no idea when these events happened last week, because Brad and I were in Charleston for a week of vacation. Hence, my lack of postings last week. Hopefully, I can make it up to you with lots of lovely historic architecture pictures later this week!

Here's what happened last week at our construction site:


The big equipment rolled in.


And they opened their jaws wide,




and took a big bite of red clay.


and spit it out.


Now we have a big hole in the ground.





Time to dig the footings.


and lay the rebarbish stuff.


The week finished up with the pouring of the concrete.


We officially have footings! The mason is coming on Monday to get the foundation going.

Our time in Charleston was wonderful, but it was just as much fun to come home and stare at our hole in the ground! Thanks to my Dad for documenting the progress while we were gone.

<3
Hattie

3 comments:

wdmk said...

Wow! It is moving along so fast! Good luck with your new home!

wen

Woody said...

I am surprised they got so much done in one week ... Can't wait to drive our and see the progress .... Dad Smart

Charlotte said...

so exciting! congrats on breaking ground! i can't wait to see the progress! :)