Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sharpie Your Shoes


See my new shoes? I sharpied them! Let me explain…


I’ve had these plain white ballet flats for at least three years.
I never wear them. They make my feet feel ginormous, and they get splattered with dirt within five minutes of leaving the house. Plus, there are all those rules about when you can wear white shoes, and it all just gets very confusing.

I wanted silver shoes. I’ve wanted them for about a year. So, on our last trip to Wal-Mart I spent $1.45 on a silver sharpie two-pack. This afternoon I grabbed those neglected white shoes, cut the bows off the front, and went to work with a sharpie. It only took one sharpie to color both shoes.
They needed a little something extra, so I used this method to make two tiny flowers to replace the bows.
I love them! I’ve already planned several outfits around my shiny new shoes. The white pair would have been stuck in the back of the closet and eventually sent to Goodwill, but now they have new life. Side note: it is incredibly awkward to take pictures of your own feet!

Do you have something in your closet you’re just going to give away one day? Take a chance and try to make it into something you’ll love.

Oooh, and any fun sharpie stories? Do tell!

<3
Hattie

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the little rosettes! I have a few shirts in the closet that I never wear but love the fabric on so I'm holding onto them for some special project... I just have to figure out what. :)

Whitney said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!! I love the metallic. And who doesnt ♥ a good pair of ballet flats?! Awesome job little lady! You should def. show off your shoes in the gallery at sharpieuncapped.com

Unknown said...

Haha, that's great! I love them! They have a cool 3-D look. :)