Monday, August 9, 2010

I heart IKEA

Brad and I spent the last few days at the lake with his family, but before we headed down to NC for some boat riding-sun soaking-fun, we headed up to IKEA with my family for some eye candy, shopping, and Swedish meat balls. Here’s a few of the many items that caught my eye on this trip.

For no apparent reason, I’ve started to develop a serious thing for alphabet prints. It didn’t hurt that this one is red as well! I’m also digging that funky little metal lamp.


One of my favorite things about IKEA is the way they arrange their furniture into complete rooms and even mini houses. It always gives me great decorating and display ideas. I was surprised by how much I liked this bedroom. Dark wall paint is not usually my thing at all, but I felt like this deep blue really worked with the punches of red, white, and natural fibers. Plus, I’ve loved that lamp shade for a while now, even though it is pretty far removed from my normal decorating comfort zone.

On the other side of the same bedroom I fell in love with this dresser. I love how the mirror is simply propped up rather than hung.


Now, this room really spoke to me! Could it be because I’ve been dreaming of a white Ektorp sofa for years? Could it be the wonderful sisal rug? Could it be the awesome juxtaposition of the soft and feminine sofa and prints with the more modern and masculine coffee and end tables? Could it be all of the above? I think, “Yes.”


Finally, this awesome basket/trunk really stopped me in my tracks. I didn’t have the space or 60 smackers to take it home with me, but I’d love to find just the right place for it one day!

Brad and I did not leave IKEA empty handed. We stumbled upon a solution to our office/craft room work space and storage dilemma and picked up something for the bedroom as well. Thursday night found us assembling, painting, and moving furniture around so stay tuned this week to see some of the results!

What’s your favorite store for eye candy and inspiration?

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hmmm... I seem to love West Elm for their light fixtures, Pottery Barn for their accessorizing and Ballard Designs for their lovely furniture with such great fabric options. And I'm super loving that big basket you found at IKEA!