Monday, August 16, 2010

Crafting a room makeover

Ah, the craft room/office, land where piles of fabric, paperwork, and thrifted finds go to languish in a kind of cluttered purgatory. If you remember, I sort of kind of cleaned up this space during the spring.



Paperwork found a home.

My desk got all gussied up.

All was well. Well, except for this side of the room.

You see, my sewing habit bred a fabric stashing habit and it all exploded in a big lack of storage and open workspace mess.

Enter IKEA and two beautiful white worktables. It took a lot of wrangling, but Brad and my dad figured out a way arrange everything into a work-friendly space that doesn’t block the baseboard heat or any electrical outlets.

The orange file cabinet stayed against the wall,


and the two new tables butt right up against it.



My white desk moved to the opposite wall, along with the other file cabinet. Brad’s old cargo desk went to Goodwill.


While all the major furniture is in place, you can see that I still have a lot of organizational work ahead of me!


This pile of furniture is all destined for a paint job and will help keep fabric and sewing notions organized.


And these little pieces are going to help corral some other stuff.

It’s going to be a lot of work, but I’m excited to turn this room into something that works for us!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the new desk set up and can't wait to see what you do with it!! (btw- I had to laugh that my word verification for this comment is "messi". Did it see the before picture of your sewing stuff?)