Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More ideas from the barn

The other day I was headed home and called the hubby to ask if he’d already gotten the mail. He had, so I asked if we’d gotten anything good. “Well, you got something sort of exciting. I mean it’s not really exciting, but you’ll like it.” I came home to see a new Pottery Barn catalogue sitting on our bed.


I explained to him that the arrival of certain catalogues does, in fact, qualify as very exciting mail!

Here are a few things that caught my eye – I snapped photos of the actual catalogue pages, so please excuse the less than stellar image quality!


I am in love with the wire baskets on the bottom shelves! I especially like the ones with canvas liners. I’d love to find vintage versions of these.


How cool do these alphabet prints look? This would be such an easy look to recreate, especially with all the quirky free fonts available for download.


Loving wire baskets, again! I don’t know if it would have occurred to me to use them to store books, but I love how it looks.


Hanging a bunch of lanterns at different lengths creates such a cool summer look. Of course, first I would need a patio and then a pergola to go over the patio, but hey – a girl can dream!


Must find Japanese fishing weights. The green and blue glass, the knotted rope, ::sigh::


Since the roost is tiny and lacks storage, I thought the idea of sticking a couple of stools under a console table was an awesome idea for squeezing more room for books out of a small space.


I chuckled when I saw this image, because I’ve seen several bloggers create canning jar chandeliers. This is the first time I’ve seen them in a PB catalogue, so I’m not sure if they are taking a nod from the blog world or if I’m just behind the times on their inventory. In either case, I think the chandelier is awesome!


This image also made me laugh. PB wants from $79 to almost $200 for these vintage wine jugs.


The cost of my jug? Free, from my Granddad’s estate. I’m grateful he held on to it, because there is no way I could afford the store version!

So that’s what buzzed onto my radar from the last Barn catalogue. What catalogues make you squeal when you see them in the mailbox?

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

*sigh* oh how I wish to have the means for some of this, lol! Although it's much more fun to recreate them...