Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt


I just finished another book much too good to keep to myself. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt is witty, thought-provoking, and oh so southern.


CeeCee is twelve-year-old girl with a voracious appetite for books (especially Nancy Drew mysteries), a kind heart, and a crazy mother who parades around town in her 1951 Vidalia Onion Queen tiara and Goodwill prom dresses. CeeCee tries her best to cope, but a tragedy uproots her family and sends CeeCee to Savannah to live with her Great Aunt Tootie. Life in Savannah is like another world to CeeCee, a world ruled by feisty women in big hats with even bigger personalities. As CeeCee tries to carve out a place for herself in this world, she comes to understand the warmth and love of a family and a home.

With a humor laced with spunk and wit, this book takes on the big issues of mental health, race, and revenge. The colorful characters will draw you right into the story and you will find yourself longing to be invited to Aunt Tootie’s next garden party. This book is a sure win for fans of Mary Kay Andrews, Lee Smith, or the Mitford series.

What’s the last great book you read?

<3
Hattie

4 comments:

Terry said...

Sounds like on I would enjoy. My latest reads are The Help (another great southern story) and The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo. I would recommend both.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the suggestion- a new book to read! :) The last great book I read was The Little Prince- but you already know how great that one is.

Sophia said...

You are so wonderful and I love your blog!
I have given you a little award on my blog here:
http://jaggedideal.blogspot.com/
love, Sophie

Laura said...

I'll have to add that to my list. I just finished Peace Like A River...it was amazing!

I am loving your blog. I just added you to my blog favorites!

Laura @ along for the ride