Monday, May 24, 2010

A little hang up


I’m so excited to show you my first spray painted DIY Day project of the summer! I know in most of America Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer, but for me it’s the sound of ball shaking in a can of Rustoleum. I have issues.


Anyway, I’ve been planning on turning this thrifted mail holder,


into a jewelry organizer,


for months now, and I finally made it happen over the weekend.

First step, sand the box. I didn’t, as the sky threatened rain and I really wanted to get some paint on this sucker, but you should.


Second step, prime!

Third step, spray on some beachy blue, or whatever you fancy.

Fourth step, resist the temptation to mess with the box and let it dry over night.


Fifth step, find some cup hooks, drill pilot holes (thanks, Brad!) and screw in your cup hooks.


Sixth step, fill up with vintage jewelry collection and enjoy.


I used the top for bracelets and pins and let my beaded necklaces dangle from the hooks.


I’m thinking of sanding the edges for some extra shabby beachiness. What do you think?

<3
Hattie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great. i love the color.

Nepperess said...

Ooo, love it Hattie!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute cute cute!!! Love the color you chose. :) I'm visiting from Kimba's party. :)

Leanne said...

It looks great. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week. I would love it if you could stop by and link your jewelry organizer. There's a giveaway also. Hope to see you there.

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

not only is it ADORABLE, but it's highly functional! this was a genius transformation :)

Lianna Knight said...

Great job! Love it! Please stop by and enter my giveaway... http://jillybeansdoggieboutique.blogspot.com/2010/05/doggie-bed-giveaway.html

Sophia said...

This is such a great idea. I am always looking for crafty ways to organize all my jewlery.
:)