Thursday, May 6, 2010

dreamy flowers

It’s time for some more Alice party fun!
Since this is going to be an outdoor picnic tea party, I’m going more for recreating the feel of wonderland than trying to exactly recreate images from any movie or book. We’ll be eating under a canopy, so I knew I wanted to create something fun and whimsical to hang over the table.


Enter the tissue paper pom-pom.


I used Martha’s directions for making these easy, cheap, and dreamy party decorations.


I can’t wait to see how they look hanging from the canopy in the afternoon light.


I’m going to hang them with clear thread at varying heights.


Here’s a little peak at some of the pretty flowers in mismatched jars that will serve as a centerpiece for the table.

I have a few more ideas up my sleeve, but since most of the party attendees read this blog, I’m keeping them hush-hush until after the party.

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway before it closes at midnight on Friday!

<3
Hattie




3 comments:

Laura said...

I love these pom-poms. Especially all the colors!

I'd love it if you linked up to my blog party going on right now!

Christen said...

Love the pom poms! Can't wait to hear more!

Laura said...

Thanks for coming by and linking this up to Saturday is Crafty Day. I hope you have a great week!