Tuesday, May 25, 2010


On Monday, I celebrated my 27th birthday with my wonderful family. It seems impossible that 10 years have passed since I was 17, but the date on my driver’s license says it’s so! After a lovely dinner of salmon, rice, green beans, and fruit salad, I dug into this pile of presents.

I had so much fun opening all those brown paper packages tied up with string!

I love that this card from my brother and sister sported a daisy-filled mason jar.

Clearly, the blue ceramic egg carton from Anthro that my brother gave me brought on a little squealing and hand clapping.

I also love the sweet bird knobs my sister gave me. I can’t wait to find a place to use these!

My parents gave me this gorgeous vintage dish towel, along with some tea, a chippy green plant hanger, and…

A big ‘ol gift card to Anthropologie. This brought on more screaming. I have no idea how I’ll decide what to spend it on, but I’m going to have a lot of fun in the process!

Over the weekend Brad whisked me away for a fancy dinner and night away from home. He also surprised me by ordering this vintage inspired glass mixing bowl for my Kitchen Aid. I love it! I’ll have to share a picture soon of how awesome it looks in my kitchen.

We ended the party with some super yummy and very classic Richmondy 7-layer chocolate cake. Soooo good! This is the face of a girl not taking her eyes off that rich chocolate for anything!

I had a wonderful birthday – big thank you’s and lots of love to Brad, Mom and Dad, Grandma, Hannah, and Jacob for making it special!

I'm off to eat leftover cake,



Val said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great one :)

Tracy's mom said...

Happy Birthday Hattie! You don't look a day over 17. ;)

Christen said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks divine :)

Megan said...

Happy birthday!

Tim and Tracy said...

I was thinking of you Monday and happy to see that your birthday looks like it was oh-so-lovely! Fun family times and a nice stash of gifts. :)

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from Ruffles and Stuff. When I saw that you put Richmond-y cake in this post I assumed you ment Richmond VA. I'm excited that there are other fellow DIYers in Richmond : ) Your blog is very cute by the way.