Tuesday, May 25, 2010

27

On Monday, I celebrated my 27th birthday with my wonderful family. It seems impossible that 10 years have passed since I was 17, but the date on my driver’s license says it’s so! After a lovely dinner of salmon, rice, green beans, and fruit salad, I dug into this pile of presents.



I had so much fun opening all those brown paper packages tied up with string!


I love that this card from my brother and sister sported a daisy-filled mason jar.


Clearly, the blue ceramic egg carton from Anthro that my brother gave me brought on a little squealing and hand clapping.

I also love the sweet bird knobs my sister gave me. I can’t wait to find a place to use these!


My parents gave me this gorgeous vintage dish towel, along with some tea, a chippy green plant hanger, and…

A big ‘ol gift card to Anthropologie. This brought on more screaming. I have no idea how I’ll decide what to spend it on, but I’m going to have a lot of fun in the process!

Over the weekend Brad whisked me away for a fancy dinner and night away from home. He also surprised me by ordering this vintage inspired glass mixing bowl for my Kitchen Aid. I love it! I’ll have to share a picture soon of how awesome it looks in my kitchen.


We ended the party with some super yummy and very classic Richmondy 7-layer chocolate cake. Soooo good! This is the face of a girl not taking her eyes off that rich chocolate for anything!


I had a wonderful birthday – big thank you’s and lots of love to Brad, Mom and Dad, Grandma, Hannah, and Jacob for making it special!

I'm off to eat leftover cake,

<3
Hattie

6 comments:

Val said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great one :)

Tracy's mom said...

Happy Birthday Hattie! You don't look a day over 17. ;)

Christen said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks divine :)

Megan said...

Happy birthday!

Tracy said...

I was thinking of you Monday and happy to see that your birthday looks like it was oh-so-lovely! Fun family times and a nice stash of gifts. :)

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog from Ruffles and Stuff. When I saw that you put Richmond-y cake in this post I assumed you ment Richmond VA. I'm excited that there are other fellow DIYers in Richmond : ) Your blog is very cute by the way.

-Katie