Monday, March 8, 2010

So Egg-citing!

It's time for some DIY Day Easter craftiness! I usually have a hard time decorating for Easter because candy-colored pastels don't always work that well with my vintage/cottage/beachy decor. I do love Easter eggs though, so I decided to try my hand at creating something a little more shabby than neon.

That's how these vibrant eggs went through a mod podge make-under for a more cottage friendly look.
If you want to make these, rip vintage paper into small pieces. Apply mod podge to the egg and the back of the paper. Smooth the paper on the egg and press out any air bubbles. Repeat until the egg is covered.
Once the paper is dry, apply an extra coat of mod podge and let dry. I found that the thinner thesaurus paper worked better than the thicker sheet music.
I heart these so much. I think I'm going to make a bunch more!
I think they make a fun addition to my vintage bird vignette thingy.
For now, I'm happy with the way they look on my milk glass candle sticks, but I really want to find some moss or grass to nestle around them.

Oh, and added bonus - this project was super easy and cheap!

How do you decorate for Easter?

<3
Hattie

9 comments:

Christen said...

wow I love these!!

Tracy said...

I'm going to have to give this a try- it turned out so cute!

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Love love love these Easter eggs. I am already collecting blown out eggs - and here is what I will do with them. Thanks for sharing!!!
(stopping by via ASPTL)

Wendy said...

I'm with you on the pastels. These look great!

Angie Holden said...

Loving those eggs. Did you make those twiggy frames too?? I like those!

Marianna said...

What a cute, simple idea!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Brilliant! What a fun Easter decor idea! Thanks for sharing!

Melanie @ Addicted to Homes said...

I love the idea, they turned out great! I'll have to put these on my project list!

Unknown said...

These are SO fantastic... classy and classic and fabulous!
We have a friday fun find party (that's still going)- if you're interested, we'd love it if you'd link up!