Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easter Parade

Last week I showed y’all how I made some super easy vintage-looking eggs for Easter. This afternoon, I added a smidge more Easter décor to the roost when I dug out a few extra little decorations, this time with more sentimental meaning. I grouped them all together to create this sunny scene.

Don’t you just love this vintage basket? My mom gave it to me last year with the sweet bobble head chick.
My mom made the vintage-looking Easter eggs. I really like the muted, antiqued colors.
She also made the bunny. I just love his serious face! He’s made of tea-dyed flannel and is super soft.
When I was little, I used to make stuffed carrots like these so I’d have something to sell in my parents’ booth at craft shows. I just turned them inside out and stuffed them, but I felt like I was really “making” something.
I like how all the items in this vignette have fun memories attached to them. Decorating is always so much more interesting when stories are involved!

Just for fun – what’s your favorite Easter animal? Fluffy chicks or furry bunnies?

<3
Hattie

2 comments:

Laura said...

What cute decorations! I'm excited to put my decorations out after St. Patrick's Day.

Mikalah said...

I'm definitely a fan of the chicks... they are just too cute to resist!