Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Newest addition to the roost

Meet Tobi, our new laptop.
When I got home from work Friday afternoon, I had no idea Brad and I would have a new laptop by Monday night. Our two-year-old hp worked just fine Friday morning, but when I attempted to boot it up after work, I was greeted with a quick flash of the power button and a whole lot of nothing. It simply would not turn on. We tried a million different things, but nothing worked. Sunday afternoon, we decided to take it to Geek Squad to see if it could be fixed. The short answer is, “no.” You know you’re in trouble when the Geek Squad guy looks your laptop over and mutters, “Oh. That’s not good.” It seems our motherboard was fried. I have no idea what caused this, but apparently, it just happens sometimes. So, we had to make a fairly quick decision on what kind of replacement laptop to buy. After a recommendation from my sister (via her computer teacher), a quick look at Consumer Reports, some bad experiences with dell and hp (and no desire to repeat them!), and the lack of funding for a mac, we decided to go with Toshiba.
 So far, so good! I’m just excited to be back in blogland – it was a bummer to be without a laptop. Yes, even for three day. What can I say? I’m addicted devoted.


Any Toshiba fans out there? This is the first we’ve ever owned.

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a Toshiba that I bought for grad school in '07 and I love it! My friend and brother also have Toshibas and they are still satisfied!