Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blondies have more fun



I have long been a loyal fan of the family brownie recipe. While I still love the rich, chocolate goodness of a homemade brownie, there is a new kid in town.
Meet blondie. I made these for the first time this weekend, and I. Am. In. Love. If my brownie recipe married the Toll House cookie recipe, they would produce this chocolate chip blondie baby recipe.
Are you drooling yet? OK! I’ll put you out of your misery with the recipe I slightly altered from simplyrecipies.com

You need:

- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 to ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8x8 pan or use baker’s joy. Whisk melted butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and whisk again. Add all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, and mix. Fold in chips and pour into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm. Extra points for adding a scoop of ice cream.

Oh, yeah!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Tracy's mom said...

Okay Hattie, no fair posting such delicious looking recipes! You know you will be responsible for making my doctor frown as he reads my cholesterol numbers next time. :(
Anyhow when I read your post title I was waiting to see if you had decided to take the plunge and go blonde. I'm really glad you didn't personally! Funny where our minds take us with just a few words.