Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Let them eat cake

Chocolate sour cream birthday cake, to be presise! One word for you, “Yum!”


If you want to make this scrumptious cake you will need
-1 small box of chocolate pudding
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two nine inch pans. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl on low for one minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and continue mixing on low for two more minutes. Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Frost as desired. Since I made this cake for my mother-in-law’s birthday, I went with her favorite (and Brad’s too) chocolate on chocolate!
I tried this tip to keep the cake plate neat. Lay two sheets of waxed paper on the plate.
Place the cake on the paper and frost. Grap the edge of each sheet of paper and quickly pull. Ta-Da! No frosting mess on the edge of the cake plate.
Do you have any great cake tips? Please share!

<3
Hattie

2 comments:

Christen said...

That looks divine!!

Mikalah said...

That cake looks yummy! Thanks for the info about the lamp too- I never thought to check out IKEA, but I will need to do that soon!