Saturday, July 25, 2009

This post is a little corny

Between my sister's birthday, my brother visiting from Nebraska, (this post may contain corn jokes, but I'll try not to make them at his expense) and a set of grandparents stopping by from out of town, we've had a lot of family gatherings this week. Family gatherings always mean favorite family dishes, so I thought I'd share one with y'all.



This corn casserole is a yummy cross between corn bread and corn pudding. It tastes like you spent hours on it, but it is seriously one of the easiest recipes ever. You only need one measuring cup. Small children could make this without breaking a sweat, which might explain why I always opt to bring this dish to potlucks and holidays.
----
You will need:
1 can creamed corn
1 can whole corn - drained
1 stick of butter - softened ( I use Smart Balance 50/50 blend)
8 oz container of sour cream (You can use anything from the real stuff to fat free and this still tastes great)
3 eggs (probably the reason this is so good)
1/2 cup sugar (Splenda should work)
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
---
Dump everything in a bowl and mix together until well blended. Pour in a lightly greased square casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until set.

Be prepared to share the recipe with anyone who tastes this stuff, it is amazing!

<3
Hattie

No comments: