Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Deal me in

In my family, vacations usually mean three things: 1. something fun, 2. something educational, 3. something vintage/antique. This time around was no exception.
----
Our first stop on the way to PA was Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets. I was really excited about the promise of Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, and Williams-Sonoma outlets. I left the outlets a little disappointed, but with one treasure. To be honest, I had really expected the prices to be better. I know with outlets every visit is a surprise, and some days have better deals than others, so maybe we visited on just a so-so day.



My one treasure was this adorable glass pitcher from Williams-Sonoma - note the hint of red! Since Brad and I are trying to move away from using plastic in our kitchen, I've been on the lookout for a glass iced tea pitcher with a lid and spout. I was so excited to finally find one! Plus, this baby was originally $18.99, marked down to $16.99, with an additional 30% off taken at the register. I love a deal!
----
After the outlets, we stopped at Old Lucketts Store for some amazing browsing and inspiration that you can read all about here.

After a full day at Hershey Park on Friday, we hit up some more antique and flea market fun on Saturday.

Our first stop was Adams Antiques. At first, I was a little put off by the rows of glass display cases when you first come in, but we quickly discovered the booths further back in the store.



This pack of five vintage buckles for $3.00 grabbed my attention. I love to use these with ribbon to embellish my duct tape purses. I was really excited to find the black and brown buckles, because they are harder to come by than the more colorful buckles. I also found two more pieces of red fiestaware to add to my collection. They were a deal at $3.50 and $5.50 each!
----
Our last stop was Shupp's Grove Antique Market, which was the biggest outdoor flea market I had ever seen. There were lots of great deals to be had, and if we had had room in the car and in the roost, I would have jumped on some of the furniture. I'm still regretting the $12 vintage blue fan I passed up.

We had a lot of fun on our bargain hunt, and I'm super happy with the little treasures I brought home. So much better than a tacky t-shirt souvenir, don't you think?

<3
Hattie

2 comments:

Julia said...

I was so happy to read your teacher fashion comment! It's really difficult to find pants that look right with flats...and I have issues because of my height and build. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog though. Are you ready to go back to work? ;)

Tracy said...

Fantastic finds! I really, really like the pitcher- what a great lid. And I can't wait to see how you use those belt buckles. But did I hear you say you passed up a vintage fan?! :( If I had been with you I would have talked you into it... haha. So it's probably a good thing you didn't bring me.