Friday, July 1, 2011

July Kitchen

Given my love for red, I had to add a little white and blue and make my kitchen patriotic for the 4th.


Of course, I wanted to do this on the cheap, so I shopped the house and spent zero dollars on this mini holiday makeover.


I created a bunting banner in Word (letters in 300 font cut into rectangle strips with a wavy bottom and folded over a piece of twine) to drape over my framed flour sack.


I grouped a red, white, and blue pitcher and filled one with daisies from the side of the road. The white is a Pottery Barn wedding gift, the blue is an Ikea birthday gift, and the red was on super sale at Hobby Lobby and purchased with a birthday gift card.


For the table, I layered some vintage linens and added an extra pop of red with our camping lantern.


I had a lot of fun changing things around in the kitchen. I feel like I can justify a cabinet of little decor doodads, so long as I rotate things every once in a while!


I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July. God bless America!

Linking to this fun party

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

so cute!~ i love the little lantern!