Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Sneak Peak

It’s starting to look a bit like Christmas around the roost! I’m still working on making a few decorations, but I thought I’d give you a sneak peak.



I usually hang our stockings from the shelf over the sofa, but I have a secret fear that one day someone will lean back and find themselves bonked on the head by a rogue stocking hanger. So… this year I moved the stockings to the neatened bookshelves.


I think I like ‘em here! At least until we build our dream house, complete with dream fireplace.

I went super simple with the coffee table décor.


A few Christmassy books, a white plate, a small wreath, and a soy candle work together to make some Christmas cheer.


I had to move these frames to make way for the tree, so I gave them their own cozy spot on the stairs.


I found this felt tree at the Dollar Tree and I bought the mini Polar Express for Brad our first Christmas together.

So there you have it – the first bits of Christmas fun to appear in the roost!

How do you start your Christmas decorating? Are you an “a little bit at a time” kind of decorator, or do you marathon it?

<3
Hattie