Tuesday, April 20, 2010

art in a hurry

As promised, I’m back today with the little art switcharoo I worked on this weekend. The best part of this project is that I had everything on hand and spent zero bucks to give our bedroom a bit more of a sprucing up.

I should have taken a before shot, but this is the print that used to hang over my nightstand. I still love it, and have plans for it elsewhere in the roost.


I knew I wanted to incorporate more blue and green in the artwork to go with the duvet and pillows, so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon this apple print on vintage printable.


I used spray adhesive, which I now think of as more of a frenemy than a straight up enemy, to glue the print to a mat I made from the same fabric as my lovely new lampshades.

Total love!


Over our TV (please don’t judge the cords – I super hate them!) I had these two art prints,

but I felt like they didn’t work well with the apple, so I dug up some more vintage fruit on vintage printable.

I also mounted these prints on extra lampshade fabric and framed them.


I tried to paint the frame the same color as the green in the duvet, but I sort of wish they were blue like the other apple frame. Of course, I don’t have any more French blue paint, so I guess I’ll live with them for awhile.

The color might just grow on me.

Do you have any favorite sources for cheap art? Do tell!


I’m linking this to Kimba’s DIY Day because she rocks my socks off!

<3
Hattie

3 comments:

Embellished Bayou said...

Great job! I love the fabric mat. I've used scrapbook paper as a mat before, too.

Tracy said...

Looks great! Love the fruit and the new lamp shades. :) One of my favorite things to do for artwork is to find pictures in books that I love and cut them out and frame them.

Julia said...

I love the prints Hattie! Just a thought on the wires... regular kitchen twist ties really work magic on corralling those bad boys.