Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This Chicken is hot!

I love dinners that are fast and easy to prepare, don’t break the bank, and are on the healthy side. I recently came up with a chicken dish that fits the bill. I spotted a new to me baja lime marinade by Annie’s Organics at Wal-Mart a month or so ago, and decided to give it a whirl. I hardly ever plan dinner far enough a head of time to actually marinate anything overnight, so I simply basted chicken breasts as they cooked. The results were pretty good, but I wanted more punch. To add a little “wow” I added garlic powder (or freshly minced garlic), cumin, and cilantro (I used dried, but fresh would be awesome).


Here’s the process:
- Heat a grill pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and brush both sides with marinade
- Sprinkle cumin, garlic powder, and cilantro over each side to taste. I go pretty heavy on the cilantro because I love it so much.
- Baste frequently with extra marinade until chicken is cooked through. I haven’t timed this, but it’s around 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.



This is great with rice and a salad. I think next time I’m going to make extra and use it the next day for burritos. Shredded chicken, rice, black beans, salsa, sour cream, and an extra squeeze of lime juice or marinade – I’m thinking, YES!
<3
Hattie

No comments: