Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dream House: Week 9

Last week at the dream house:


We got to watch the downstairs framing go up! Take a gander at the library. The high window is so we can have shelves on the whole wall.


The living room also has a high window so our TV can go below it. It looks off center because we will have a corner fireplace.


Here's the view from the living room, through the dining room, and into the kitchen.


A closer view of the kitchen. The door on the left will lead to our deck.


The stairs to go down to the garage/basement are right on the other side of the ladder. Straight ahead is the bathroom and the laundry room is just to the left of the bathroom.


I'm super excited about my craft room to be!

It's finally starting to look like a house! This week they've started on the second floor and we've been all over town picking out faucets and fireplaces and bathroom vanities. Making all these decisions in such a short amount of time can really play with your head. I actually had the following conversation with our builder:

Bill: Now, you'll need to pick out a toilet when you're there.
Me: (questioning my ability to choose something as simple as a tooth pick brand after spending an hour selecting doors) Do I really need to pick a toilet? Can you just tell me - "This is your toilet?"
Bill: Well we can go with a comfort height ..... insert more toilet lingo here.
Me: As long as it's white, I'm happy.
Bill: OK

Hope you all are having an awesome week! I've got some fall decorating I can't wait to show you, I just need to be home before dark so I can take some pictures!

<3
Hattie


2 comments:

jcrkelly said...

I LOVE YOUR HOUSE-TO-BE!!!!

Ruth said...

So fun, Hattie! Loving the pictures. Keep 'em coming!!! :D