Monday, October 10, 2011

Dream House: week 10

This was the week of overnight changes. You go to bed with a one story house. Get home from work the next day - bam! - second story. Just like that people! And by the end of the week, most of the roof was there as well. Take a gander at the crazy fast progress.


Front of the house


Right Side



Left side




Back




1st kid bedroom















2nd kid bedroom


Master bedroom


Master bath



Kid bath and master bath area

The roof shingles go on tomorrow - we are kind of racing the rain, so fingers crossed! The stairs should be in by next Friday, and I can't wait. Right now the only way to reach the second floor is up a ladder that stretches   all the way to the basement. And it's not so much that I have a fear of heights, as it is that I have a serious fear of falling. I'm way too chicken to venture up that ladder, so I've been sending Brad up with the camera. I can't wait to see the second floor for myself!

<3
Hattie

8 comments:

Tracy said...

woo hoo! looking good!

Tracy's mom said...

Wow! Such fun to watch the progress. Can't imagine how exciting it must be for your two.

Nepperess said...

Wow Hattie, its really coming along. Love that dormer at the top.

jcrkelly said...

oh my word that's so exciting!! eeeeek!!

Christen said...

WOW!! Hattie, that is so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hattie,
I happened to be getting married next October and did a search on "lanterns filled with gourds" b/c this is what I am going to do for my table decorations. You're pic from your blog appeared and I looked and it and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I found some online at IKEA that look exactly like yours. However, you mentioned the pottery barn in your description. Anyways I have the measurements of the one from IKEA and was wondering if you could give me the measurements of

1.) the base
2.) the bootom to the top (not to the tip top of the handle but to where the handle attaches to the top of the lantern).

Thanks! And I love your decorating! I've gotten some really great ideas.

Becca

Hattie said...

Becca,

The lanterns are from Ikea, I'm waaaaay too cheap to buy them from Pottery Barn. I just stole the idea of filling them with mini pumpkins and gourds from a picture I saw in a Pottery Barn catalogue. Great source for idea stealing :-)

<3
Hattie

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am way too cheap too! I looked at the price of the ones on the Pottery Barn's website and thought YIKES! Anyways thanks!