Tuesday, January 11, 2011

my version of a snow dance...

... seems to be working! A snow day is keeping Brad and I warm and cozy at home while snow/sleet/ice/freezing rain falls outside. So what is my secret to this snowy weather?



A snow tree! When I put the Christmas decorations away this year, I wasn’t ready to move along to spring or valentine’s décor, so I decided to reuse some of my wintery Christmas decorations.


I cut my glittery paper snowflakes from the garland I made, and hung them from the branches of my naked advent tree.

I threw down a snowflake table runner I bought half price at Target’s after Christmas sale, and used red and white plates to set off the tree vase, a simple white pitcher, and red lantern.


My kitchen feels so cheery and welcoming, especially with the nasty weather outside!


How do you decorate for winter?

<3
Hattie

2 comments:

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

What a great idea! We have a pine type of tree that stays up in the entry way year round. For every holiday/season, I have the kids make decorations to hang on the tree:)

Cara

Christen said...

Wasn't that the best this morning?! Keep on hanging flakes on that tree!