Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tour of Homes 2010

Woo-Hoo, it’s time for the Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester! And... Gina's Holly Bloggy Christmas Home Tour! I decided to be a little brave/silly this year and filmed a virtual tour of the roost. Please keep in mind that I haven’t mastered keeping the camera steady while moving, and my camera is much sharper when snapping photos. Still, I think it’s nice to have a better sense of the space!


Christmas at the Little Red Roost from Hattie Smart on Vimeo.

Now, on to the photo tour!


Let’s start in the living room where the sofa and bookcase great you as you walk down the stairs.


I added a little Christmas cheer with this vintage style card and a print from the Graphics Fairy I trimmed in glittery book pages.


A few stacked books, a candle, and a little wreath make for a simple coffee table centerpiece.


I decided to hang the stockings from the big bookcases this year.


I used a little greenery to jazzy up my faux metal ‘S.’


A little more greenery peeks out from my milk glass bowls.


Here’s our cute and tiny tree!


On the way up the stairs, a family of snow people greets you.


Some homemade glitter snowflakes add a little bling.


In the kitchen, my silver feather tree adds some retro fun.


Here’s a shot of the eating area.


Some fishbowls, candles, and greenery make up the table centerpiece.

So that’s what Christmas looks like at the roost this year! Stop by later this week for some quick and easy DIY gift ideas!

<3
Hattie

8 comments:

Mikalah said...

So lovely, Hattie! I really adore the candles in the bowls, what a fun idea!

Unknown said...

Very cute. :)

Debbiedoos said...

Those are the cutest stockings ever!

Tracy said...

So cozy and thanks for the video tour and Christmas music! Fun!

Michelle Hughes said...

Love it! I really love the vintage light up Santa!

Have a Happy Christmas!
Michelle

Sonny G said...

Your home looks so pretty and festive..
thank you for sharing it with us..

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love all your cheerful colors! Your kitchen is adorable. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
Merry Christmas!
Tammy

Christen said...

Love the video!!