Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer's End

Around here the mornings and evenings are cooling down, but the days are still hot. With school back in session and the days getting shorter, I’m almost willing to embrace fall. But – summer still has a bit of a hold on me. I’m not quite ready to string up colored leaves and buy pumpkins. Still, I’m willing to say goodbye to seashells and flowered tablecloths.

I came up with this simple centerpiece to celebrate the golden end of summer.
I started with a vintage tablecloth and added a jute wrapped wreath I made a year or so ago. A red fiestaware salad plate happened to balance perfectly in the center of the wreath. I topped it with a milk glass vase of fall blooms.
I love the mix of warm yellow, natural jute, fresh white, and a small pop of red.

Mmmm, there’s nothing quite like the afternoon light this time of year.

How do you decorate for the changing of the seasons?

<3
Hattie

No comments: