Wednesday, June 24, 2009

vintage goodness

I had to show y'all the adorable vintage tablecloth my parents gave Brad and I for our anniversary.
It just has "summer" written all over it! I love how the red, blue, and green pick up all the colors in the kitchen. The blue especially helps the blue glass bottle and the blue in the framed flour sack pop out amidst all the red.
I didn't think my little woven lemon worked as well with this tablecloth as it did with the cloth that used to be on the table, so I borrowed from another room for a new centerpiece.
This lovely red glass is actually a wasp catcher, but I love it too much to hang it outside. It used to reside on the hall table, but I'm really liking it on this saucer as a centerpiece. I'm thinking that if I play around with it enough, I should be able to figure out how to get a candle to stand upright inside the glass for a little extra glam at dinner time!
<3
Hattie

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This looks very sweet. Where did they find the tablecloth? And as far as getting a candle in your wasp catcher (which I've never heard of before- very cool!) the only thing I can think of is to use a skinny candle that comes through the bottom (I'm assuming that's open) and then if the top comes off you could light it using a long match stick thingy (that's the technical term btw). :) I really like it's shape!

Georgia said...

Hi Hattie!
Don't even know how I ended up on your blog but I really enjoyed my visit! You and Brad are the sweetest couple and I wish you a belated 2nd anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate our 43rd anniversary next month and I still remember what it felt like to be newly married and just starting out life togeether....enjoy every minute of it!!!
Come visit my website and my blog sometime!
Hugs!
Georgia
Grandma G's
http://grandmagscottage.com
http://grandmags.blogspot.com

Hattie said...

Tracy,

My mom and dad hunted it down on ebay :-) I think your candle idea will work, if I can find a skinny enough candle. So far, all of mine are too fat!

<3
Hattie