Sunday, June 14, 2009

Something Duct Taped

One of my good friends from college is getting married this Saturday, and in an effort not to look exactly the same as I do in pictures from the last college wedding, I found a new dress to wear.



I love this pewter grey number! Polka dots + a swirly skirt = dress heaven.

Of course the unusual color makes matching accessories a little interesting. I gave up on finding new shoes (I know those dots look white, but they are really a creamy tan color) and plan to wear my plain black kitten heels because they go with just about everything. However, I had a little trick up my sleeve when it came to a matching purse.

A few months ago one of my fellow teachers brought me the cutest little cardboard gift bag/purse from a shop called Kate's Paperie. I totally forgot to take a before shot of the bag, but just picture the final product in cardboard brown with hunter green woven cords for straps.

I covered the whole thing in duct tape, added a stripe of cream colored ribbon across the front, and used the same ribbon for new straps.



I think it turned out cute! It's not the exact same color as the dress, so it's not too matchy-matchy.



Yay, for weddings and any excuse to duct tape something!

<3
Hattie

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your purse looks fab (as usual!), but what I'm really drooling over is that dress!! You make me want to go out and get something different from the purple number I was planning on wearing. *dreamy sigh*