Thursday, September 22, 2011

mad for plaid and fall

Fall means apple cider, crunching leaves, buying new boots, and a reason to make a new duct tape purse.


This lovely new bag has lots of room for all the items I feel the need to cart around (electronics, books, water bottle, sweater, etc.) and the punchy plaid trim makes me smile. Before it was a fun fall purse, it was a humble free gift with purchase makeup bag.



I cut off the old handles and covered everything in merlot mania duct tape, leaving a few empty strips to allow me to sew on the trim. Sewing through duct tape is not advised unless you want to go crazy and kill your sewing machine needle.




I used a plaid skirt from Goodwill to make the pocket ruffle and handles.


Pretty easy peasy and custom fit to me!


Oh, duct tape, my life just wouldn't be as fun and crafty without you!

<3
Hattie

No comments: