Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You've Got ...Style!

Anyone who has known me for more than 5 minutes also knows that You've Got Mail is my favorite movie of all time. My dear friend Tracy and I can pretty much quote the entire movie - note: this does not seem to endear us to others if they have to be in the same room with us and the movie. But really, what's not to love? Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks, the most adorable bookstore in the world, romance, and apartments that are a-mazing! I could seriously live in this movie.



For a really great look at the decor in Meg Ryan's apartment, check out this clip from the movie.

http://www.blinkbox.com/Movies/4088/You-ve-Got-Mail?Scene=21059

I think I first fell in love with white, shabby chic, and vintage furnishings when I saw this movie. Every time I watch I drool over the built in bookcases, layers of texture, and coziness of the space. To really get a feel for the apartments you should watch the whole movie - Tom Hanks (F-O-X) has a place almost as good as Meg Ryan's.

Has a movie ever inspired your personal style?

<3
Hattie

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Hattie,
It's so funny you should mention this because lately whenever our famly watches a "Peirot" episode, I am accutely aware of watching the decor as much as the plot!

Tracy said...

Can I just live in Kathleen Kelly's shoes, please? I love her whole apartment in this movie (did you happen to notice those wonderful floral prints by her door) and her bookstore (drool!!). Whenever I think of the perfect apt. I ALWAYS think of this movie too! But that's probably not a surprise to you...