Sunday, January 25, 2009

I’ll be your valentine Charlie Brown

I love Valentine’s Day! It shouldn’t be too surprising that I love a whole day devoted to love and my favorite color. I didn’t really decorate last year, so I was determined to create something pretty to spruce things up this year. For my kitchen I had to go red and vintage. I found these amazing retro cards from the 50’s and 60’s in a flickr set. I just used white paper clips to attach them to some vintage red seam tape, and voila – instant sweetness.






In the living room, I went for a more subtle look. I pulled out the gorgeous red leather album Brad’s mom gave me, and a cute vintage book of love poems and marriage vows. Then I just moved the hobnail vase from the hall table and stuck some red scrapbook paper in trifold frame with some cropped photos of Brad and I and our dearest friends. It took maybe ten minutes to put the whole look together, but I love how it turned out. Is it sad that I like to sit on the sofa and stare at my handiwork? Yes, yes it is.





What great ideas do you have for easy Valentine's Day fun?
<3
Hattie


1 comment:

Tracy said...

You are always so on the ball. I still have my Christmas wreath up on the door (though I did take all the other Christmas decor down less than a week after the 25th). I love how you always do something festive on your kitchen door. It brightens my heart. :)